Article 1 – Definitions
Online Hair Academy is legally represented by Millionways B.V. = hereinafter referred to as “Online Hair Academy”.
Terms and conditions: these general conditions.
Course fee: the course fee for a separate module or subscription.
Client: every private individual who receives a training from Online Hair Academy, or any company or institution that receives training from Online Hair Academy.
Course materials: training, instructional or instructional material, documentation or any other material in any form that is used as part of the course.
Education: an education, training, retraining, further training, course, study or theme day, workshop or any other form of training provided by Online Hair Academy. Online Hair Academy also provides training on location, in class and via E-learning. A training can be subdivided into several modules.
Distance contract: a study contract that has been concluded in such a way that only one or more means of distance communication in the sense of art. 7: 46a of the Dutch Civil Code.
Article 2 – Applicability
1. All offers, offers and services of Online Hair Academy and all study contracts concluded by Online Hair Academy, are subject to the general terms and conditions, insofar as not deviated from in accordance with Article 2, paragraph 3.
2. By registering for a study program, the client accepts the applicability of the general terms and conditions. Online Hair Academy explicitly rejects the applicability of the general terms and conditions of the customer, however named.
3. Deviations from the general terms and conditions are only valid if they have been expressly agreed in writing between the Online Hair Academy and the customer.
4. In the cases in which the relevant study agreement and / or the general terms and conditions do not provide, Online Hair Academy will make an arrangement in all reasonableness.
5. Should one of the provisions of these conditions be invalid and / or be declared void, then the validity of the other provisions will not be affected. The (total or partial) invalidity or ineffectiveness of one or more provisions does not affect the validity or connection of other provisions. If it appears that a provision is invalid or non-binding, Online Hair Academy and the customer will replace the invalid or non-binding part by a provision that is valid and binding and of which the legal consequences, having regard to the content and scope of the relevant provision, many possibly correspond to those of the invalid or non-binding part of this provision.
Article 3 – Offer
1. You must register via our website for either a separate module or a subscription. Online Hair Academy publishes the offer (preferably) in writing.
2. The offer contains a complete and accurate description of the study program and / or the educational material that is part of the study program. The offer also indicates whether use of this educational material is mandatory.
3. The offer shall state in any case in a clear and comprehensible manner the following information:
a. The manner of carrying out the study contract;
b. When the training starts;
c. The conditions under which the course may not take place;
d. Insofar as applicable: the admission requirements for taking part in the training;
e. The price including all additional costs and taxes;
f. The method of payment; and
g. The duration of the study contract.
4. These general terms and conditions are explicitly made known to the customer prior to the study contract and form an integral part of the information provision of Online Hair Academy.
Article 4 – Study Agreement
1. The client enters into a study agreement with Online Hair Academy by means of registration for the course. Registration takes place via the online digital registration form from www.onlinehairacademy.com.
2. The study contract comes into being when the Online Hair Academy accepts the registration for a course in writing and is deemed to have been concluded at the time when Online Hair Academy has confirmed the registration for the course in writing to the client. This confirmation also applies as proof of registration for the relevant study program.
3. In the case of contact education, the date of the first meeting is defined as the start of the study program; in the case of distance education, the start of the study program means providing access to the educational material.
4. Online Hair Academy is entitled to inform third parties about the creditworthiness of a customer who has registered for a specific course. If the outcome of such creditworthiness research is negative, Online Hair Academy will be entitled to terminate the agreement.
5. The customer is not entitled to transfer the rights and obligations from the study contract to a third party without written permission from Online Hair Academy. Online Hair Academy can attach further conditions to this permission.
Article 5 – Cancellation training
1. If, in the opinion of Online Hair Academy, the number of applications for a particular study program or a specific training module is insufficient, the Online Hair Academy is free to start the relevant study programs or the relevant training module at a different date and / or another time. If Online Hair Academy and the customer do not agree on this change (s), the customer has the right to cancel the training or training module concerned.
2. The customer has the right to cancel the training prior to the start of a course. The cancellation can only take place in writing. The moment of receipt by Online Hair Academy applies in the case of (i) a letter: the date of the postmark, and (ii) an email: the sending date of the relevant e-mail.
3. In the event of cancellation as referred to in Article 5, paragraph 2, (except for the cooling-off period according to statutory regulations for distance contracts), Online Hair Academy is entitled to charge the following costs to the customer.
a. In the event of cancellation after conclusion of the Study Agreement, 20% of the costs of the study program.
b. In the event of cancellation between two months and one month before the start of the first meeting: 25% of the costs.
c. In case of cancellation between one month and two weeks before the start of the first meeting: 50% of the costs.
d. In case of cancellation less than two weeks before the start of the first meeting: the total costs of the training.
4. Cancellation by the customer of an in-company training can only take place before Online Hair Academy has started the implementation of this training. The cancellation can only take place in writing.
5. In the event of a cancellation of an in-company training, Online Hair Academy is entitled to charge the following costs to the customer;
a. In the event of cancellation after the conclusion of the Study Agreement, 25% of the costs of the In-company / customization;
b. In the event of cancellation between two months and one month before the start of the first meeting: 35% of the costs of the In-company /customization;
c. In the event of cancellation between one month and two weeks before the start of the first meeting: 65% of the costs of the In-company /customization; and
d. In the event of cancellation less than two weeks before the start of the first meeting: the total costs of the In-company /customization.
6. Online Hair Academy reserves the right to cancel or move the course if there is insufficient participation.
Article 6 – Termination of online contracts
1. If a customer is a private individual, the customer has the right to terminate without giving any reason within 14 calendar days after the conclusion of a remote agreement. In the case of a distance contract that solely concerns the purchase of study material, the period of 14 calendar days starts on the day following the day of receipt of the educational material.
2. In the event of dissolution in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1, the customer must return the received educational material to Online Hair Academy as soon as possible. Online Hair Academy is entitled to charge the direct costs of the return to the customer. The return is at the risk of the customer.
3. No right to dissolution in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 exists if the study program has started before the period of 14 calendar days has expired.
4. If the customer terminates the study agreement after the start of the study program, there is no right to any refund of the amount paid or still due by the customer to Online Hair Academy, with the exception of the provisions in Article 6 paragraph 5.
5. Reimbursement of (part of) the costs of the training is only possible if an interim termination of the study contract is the direct result of a serious illness or calamity, whereby Online Hair Academy can require proof of this in the form of a medical certificate or otherwise. The medical certificate will in principle be delivered by the attending physician and will at least state the following: (i) the identity and quality of the person who issues the certificate, (ii) the identity of those who follow the training, (iii) the cause of the incapacity of this person to continue the training and (iv) the probable duration of this incapacity.
Article 7 – Exams
1. If applicable, a study program will be concluded with an Online Hair Academy exam.
2. The exam regulations of Online Hair Academy apply to these examinations.
Article 8 – Payments
1. If the customer is a private individual, the payment will only take place through the online digital payment system offered by Online Hair Academy on www.onlinehairacademy.com. The customer is responsible for the payment of the amounts due by Online Hair Academy, at the latest on the start date of the training as stated on the relevant invoice.
2. If this option is offered, the customer can pay the costs of a course at a later date via AfterPay or by payment in one go. In that case, the customer must indicate the chosen method of payment when registering for a course, and this can not be changed after registration for a course.
3. If the customer is not a private individual, payment must take place at the latest on the commencement date of the training as stated on the relevant invoice.
4. The customer must have paid the full costs of an in-company training prior to the first meeting of this training to Online Hair Academy, unless otherwise agreed in the agreement.
5. If the customer has not fully paid the amount due within the set period, Online Hair Academy sends the customer a payment reminder in which the customer is offered the possibility to pay within 14 calendar days. If the customer has not fully paid the amount due within that period, the customer is in default without further notice of default.
6. Without prejudice to his other obligations, the customer shall owe statutory interest on the outstanding amounts from the due date of the invoice until the day of full payment.
7. If a customer does not pay within the set term, the extra costs that Online Hair Academy has to incur to collect the amount due to Hair Extensions Academy will be borne by the customer.
Article 9 – Identity card
1. When enrolling for a course, the client is obliged to provide the correct and complete name of the client as stated in a valid proof of identity and, if applicable, the participant who wishes to mention the course that the course will follow on the registration form.
2. Anyone who follows a course is obliged to have the written confirmation as stated in article 4 paragraph 2 in combination with a valid identification document at the meetings of the study program and at the request of a lecturer or other officer of Online Hair Academy, to show.
Article 10 – Price
1. The costs of each course and payment method are stated on the website.
2. Intermediate cost-price increasing factors (such as but not limited to: purchase prices, prices, wages, taxes, duties, charges and cargoes) that start to play after the conclusion of the study agreement can be passed on to the customer by Online Hair Academy.
3. If the customer is a private individual, and the cost price increasing factors referred to in article 10 paragraph 2 lead to a change of the price of a training course within three months after the conclusion of the agreement, the customer has the right to dissolve the agreement.
Article 11 – Liability Online Hair Academy
1. Insofar as Online Hair Academy imputably fails and the customer suffers damage, the liability of Online Hair Academy for damage that is not the result of injury, death or property damage, is limited to compensation for direct damage.
2. The liability of Online Hair Academy for injury, death or property damage is not excluded or limited.
3. The liability referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2 also extends to persons employed by Online Hair Academy or to persons appointed by Online Hair Academy for the performance of the agreement.
Article 12 – Exercise of the right of withdrawal by the consumer
1. Consumers have the right to use the right of withdrawal for every order that is made at Online Hair Academy under the Dutch Civil Code (article 6: 219). This right means that consumers can cancel the order free of charge within seven (7) working days. This request must be addressed in writing (by mail or e-mail) to Online Hair Academy.
2. With regard to paragraph 1, the right of withdrawal will take effect after the confirmation has been sent by e-mail.
3. The right of withdrawal does not apply to services whose execution, with the consent of the consumer, has started for the period of seven (7) working days. For this, depending on the product and the service already provided, a refund of a part of the money will be paid.
4. For the online courses, the customer only gains access to the online course when the user has created a personal account and the relevant fee has been paid in full. The relevant content and / or services and / or products of Online Hair Academy can then be used immediately, before the withdrawal period as referred to in the Distance Selling Act has expired. The customer’s right of withdrawal under the Distance Selling Act is therefore expressly excluded.
Article 13 – Intellectual property rights
1. All intellectual property rights, including copyright, that relate to the Educational Material provided and compiled by Online Hair Academy (with the exception of commercial books) are the property of Online Hair Academy. No part of this expenditure may be reproduced and / or made public without written permission from Online Hair Academy.
2. The Client guarantees that by him or by participants for whom the Training has been purchased, drawings, models, materials or other works provided to Online Hair Academy do not affect or violate the intellectual property rights of third parties.
Article 14 –Change of general conditions
1. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the general terms and conditions can be changed by Online Hair Academy. Changes to the general terms and conditions will be made known at least ten calendar days before their entry into force.
2. Publication shall take place by means of a personal notification or by means of a general notification on the website.